GFS stands for ‘Growth Factor Concentrate’ – a pure highly safe, highly concentrated growth factor preparation, engineered from your own blood for superior results in hair loss.
Various growth factors are stored in your platelets (a type of cell found in blood). Few renowned scientists have been able to extract these growth factors from your blood in a high concentration as Growth Factor Concentrate ( GFC ) In a specially designed kit.
GFC IS injected directly into the scalp and your own growth factors are delivered at high concentration right at the hair root.USING GFC RESULTS IN
- • Reduced hair fall.
- • Rejuvenation of hair follicle.
- • Improved hair thickness.
- • Strengthened hair shaft.
- • Increased hair volume.
- • Stimulation of hair growth.
GFC therapy is the latest hair loss treatment. It is an innovative therapy, researched and engineered by Few renowned scientists Regenerative Medicine Department & Research Lab.
Few renowned scientists proprietary platelet activator is used in the specialized kit to release various growth factors from a-granules of platelets into GFC.HOW IS GFC PREPARED?
- • Step 01: Collection of Blood (about 16 ml).
- • Step 02: Activation of platelets and Release of Growth Factors.
- • Step 03: Separation of GFC.
- • Step 04: Collection of GFC (6-8 ml).
- • Step 05: Application of GFC .
Various highly specific growth factors present in GFC play different roles that help fight hair loss.
PDGS (Platelet-derived growth factor) – Activates hair growth and stimulated mesenchymal stem cells.
VEGF (Vascular endothelial growth factor) – Stimulates the production of new blood vessels around the hair root.
IGF-1 (Insulin-like growth factor-1) – Increases hair growth and maintains hair follicle growth
EGF (Epidermal growth factor) - Activates hair growth as well as stimulated new blood vessels around the hair root.WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF THE GFC THERAPY?
- • Highly safe as it is prepared from your own blood.
- • Sterile, with no chance of infection.
- • High concentration of growth factors.
- • Pure and without any unwanted cells resulting in less pain.
- • Requires less number of sessions .
- • Results are superior and can be experienced earlier .
- • Three sessions are done over a span of three months.
- • Results are seen in the form of reduced hair fall, increased hair thickness and hair count.
- • Usually, one session can be repeated after 4-6 months and thereafter the entire therapy can be repeated every year.
Any candidate in their early or late stage of Alopecia as judged by the treating doctor is a fit candidate. GFC is equally effective in both males and females.WHAT ARE THE RESTRICATIONS AFTER GFC THERAPHY?
There are not activity restrictions after the GFC therapy. You may shower / shampoo / condition your hair normally several hours after the treatment and resume normal daily and athletic activities soon after.
Some mild inflammation, redness / pinkness and numbness of the scalp may be present for several hours due to the injection pricks.WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS?
Since GFC is pure and does not contain any RBCs or WBCs (unwanted cells), risk of pain and inflammation due to GFC itself is minimal. The reactions are generally injection – related and have a mild-to-moderate impact. These usually resolve in 7 days or less.HOW IS GFC DIFFERENT FROM PRP??