Hair loss is a major and one of the most concerning event that most of the men face in their life. Earlier days were surely a bit difficult for men as there weren’t any option available to them other than the option of wearing a wig. But things are surely a lot different nowadays, and all this is possible because of the availability of a number of different options for curbing the baldness problem such as hair transplant, mesotherapy for hair growth, and a number of methods.
There is no doubt in the fact that when it comes to selecting a viable, efficient and permanent solution for this very problem is none another hair transplant in Mumbai. Well, even the hair transplant option can be easily categorized in a number of different treatments, and the increased number of the hair treatment options can surely make you feel a bit confused. You will face the similar problem when you start doing a little bit of research on your own.
If you are open to suggestions and have been looking forward to choosing the best and most efficient option, then you should consider selecting FUE hair transplant method. FUE is one of the most popular and widely appreciated hair transplant method that has transformed the life of a number of people all around the world in a positive way.
FUE, Follicular Unit extraction, is a method of individually taking out follicular units from the donor areas and transplanting it to the recipient’s area (bald region). The donor area is usually the back side of the scalp or the side regions because hairs from these sites are less sensitive to hormonal changes and genetic manipulation. Hair growth takes place in the general pattern. FUE is most useful during cases when a lesser recovery time is expected by the victim.
The main difference between both the procedures is that, in FUT a strip of skin is removed whereas in FUE, only small follicular units are extracted. FUE is constantly evolving and is being improved upon. Whereas earlier it was used only for smaller areas for the scalp, it is now being adopted for larger and larger cases.What Is FUE Hair Transplantation?
FUE or Follicular Unit Extraction is an improvement over FUT. While the grafting process is common in both the procedures, the difference lies in how the follicular unit are extracted. In FUE, there is no need for removing a strip of skin. The individual follicular units, which contain about 1 to 4 hairs, are removed under local anesthesia. This removal is done using tiny punches which are just 0.6mm to 1.0mm in diameter.
Thereafter, the surgeon then uses very small micro blades which are like fine needles to puncture the sites to prepare them to receive the grafts. These sites are in a planned pattern and density. The angle of the wound is made to promote a realistic hair pattern.
The good thing about the FUE hair transplantation technique is that it is a minimally invasive procedure and also results in minimal scarring. The outcome is a natural-looking hairline with a substantial hair density. It is used to treat many hair conditions such as alopecia and male pattern baldness.How is FUE done?
In FUE the grafts are taken out directly from the donor sites on the scalp. This does not involve taking out the entire stripe of tissues like in FUT. So it leaves no scars and stitches are not at all required while doing this type of hair transplantation procedure. After taking out the individual follicles, cavities are made on the scalp using a sharp blade and needle. The drawn out follicles are then inserted in these cavities and the wounds are dressed using a semi-permeable membrane to stop the blood seepage and tissue fluid. Also, surgeons angle these wounds so that the hair growth proceeds in the natural hair pattern. So this was how FUE is done actually.
In Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE), individual follicular units are extracted directly from the donor region using 0.6 to1 mm diameter punch. The individual follicular units comprising of one to four hairs are extricated. In FUE hair transplantation, each follicular unit is individually is extricated directly from the scalp, rather than a strip of tissue being removed. Hair follicles are removed in a random fashion so that it does not affect the appearance of hair density in the donor area. Thus the lesser density of hairs is barely noticeable in the area from where the hairs are taken.
The main difference between both the procedures is that, in FUT a strip of skin is removed whereas in FUE, only small follicular units are extracted. FUE is constantly evolving and is being improved upon. Whereas earlier it was used only for smaller areas for the scalp, it is now being adopted for larger and larger cases.How Much Does It Cost?
The cost of the FUE hair transplantation technique is calculated per graft. The per graft cost is approximately $0.7-0.85 in India and around $8 in the UAE. Factors such as expert surgeons, demand, country, clinic or hospitals, the team of surgeons, equipment, and guaranteed success rate influence the cost of the FUE technique in India or abroad.Am I Suitable?
An ideal candidate for FUE hair transplantation must have the following qualifications:
- Should have sufficient hair to facilitate grafting around the donor area
- Even if you’ve had strip surgeries prior to FUE, you are still eligible to get this technique performed.
- Hair type plays a crucial role because the curlier the hair, the more chances there are of damage during the process of extraction.
- FUE is one of the few techniques that can also be performed for body hair transplantations, making the beard or the body serve as an effective donor area.
- You must have sufficient laxity in order to qualify for the FUE treatment because inadequate laxity might make it challenging to get a strip cut for grafting.
FUE has a no. of benefits which make it distinguishable and popular like FUT. These benefits are as follows:
- FUE does not involve making linear scars and stitching the scalp back like in FUT.
- Minimal Recovery Time: After FUE you can go back to work the very next day which proves how fast its action is.
- Minimal or no Post-Operative Pain Involved: Since the scalp is not scratched off, it involves minimum or no pain at all. This makes it more positive and popular than other temporary methods.
- Multiple sessions can be arranged for the procedure to complete.
Most of the hair transplant experts and surgeons tell not to go through FUE hair transplant technique. The reason is that it not only provides a poor graft quality but is a lengthy procedure and needs a lot of time. Spending money and still unable to retain the transplanted hairs is simply not worth it. That’s why most of the people use FUT technique because it is not just fast but provides grafts of good quality which stays for a longer period of time. I hope we have made this decision making easy for you now.Why FUE is better?
FUE is flexible in the sense that it can take place in a single long session or multiple small sessions. Also, the number of grafts can be decided at any time, before or during the surgery itself. FUE also scores over FUT, because no strip of skin needs to be removed. Thus, there is no requirement of a linear incision on the back of the head. Consequently, no linear scar is left behind. Since individual follicles are removed, there are only small, punctuated scars which are almost invisible. The post-surgical pain and discomfort is minimized. Moreover, there is no incision, so no sutures need to be removed. Thus, the recovery time is very less in FUE, and is around a week. All these factors make FUE, the preferred choice over FUT...Know the Benefits of FUE Treatment
There are several advantages and benefits of FUE :
- The biggest advantage of this hair transplantation method is that it avoids the need to remove a strip of skin from the back of the head. This avoids the resulting scars. In FUE, there is no incision or scars on the scalp. This is unlike FUT where large areas of scalp tissues are removed and there is a linear incision which leaves a linear scar.
- In FUE, since individual follicles are removed, what remains is only small, punctuated scars, which are virtually invisible.
- In FUE there is no post-surgical pain and minimal discomfort. Moreover, as there are no sutures to be removed, the recovery in FUE is less than a week.
- In FUE, the follicles are removed one at a time. So, one can choose the number of follicles to be harvested during a session. This gives the flexibility to choose the number of sessions according to one’s own convenience. Also one can schedule the sessions according to his convenience.
- This is in contrast to the FUT method. In FUT, a strip of skin from the scalp is removed. This necessitates that the process is completed in a single session. So the process of cutting, harvesting and grafting needs done in one session itself.
- In case of restoration of less number of hairs, FUE is a much better option, as the number of grafts can be decided at any time, before or even during the process.
- Whereas in FUT, once the strip of skin is cut and removed, then all the follicles extracted from it need to be completely used, else these will be wasted.
- FUE offers the advantage of splitting the procedure into two or more sessions spread over a number of days. The recommended transplantation goals ca ne achieved in successive sessions.
As you can see, all these benefits accrue from the use of FUE method of hair transplantation. No wonder, it is scoring over FUT, as it is almost a blood-less procedure. The patients feel more comfortable, that it doesn’t leave any ungainly scar on their scalp. Moreover, they can schedule several short sessions, instead of a single long session.What should you know before going for FUE hair transplant?
In today’s day and age, stress due to prolonged and strenuous work hours, coupled with a competitive and demanding lifestyle required only to make ends meet has caused a lot of health problems, especially for men. One those problems are hair loss which is a rapidly growing problem in urban and now increasingly semi-urban tier2 cities. And increasingly, even men from their late twenties to early thirties are facing this issue, without hair loss being a hereditary problem.
However, with the advent of hair transplant, there is still hope that we will be able to triumph this problem and men won’t have to face issues in their personal lives right from dating to career rejections.
Talking about the FUE hair transplant or the Follicular Unit Extraction, it is needed that you know that this is the latest technique for hair transplant and is characterized by the following:
- It is minimally invasive
- Pain and bleeding is insignificant
- Does not leave a ‘linear scar.
- Can be carried out despite limited supply of donors
1) Choose the Right Surgeon: Hair transplant is a cosmetic surgery and hence needs to be carried out under the supervision and guidance of an experienced surgeon. If you live in a big city or a tier 2 city, you will be able to find many such hair transplant experts. However, it takes some research such as experience, number of surgeries done, qualifications and client testimonials. You can also balance this out with their fees if you think hair transplant is a bit unaffordable for you.
2) The Right Age: Getting done a follicular hair transplant before the age of 30 is not advisable since you are set to lose hair even after that. Therefore you should consult your doctor regarding the right time to get the surgery done.
3) Cost of the Surgery: After you are done shortlisting the various quality hair transplant centers in your area, you need to compare their prices. You can shortlist the prices by a simple online search or even book an appointment with the doctor to get information about the various surgery packages and their respective costs. However, don't make a hasty decision if you come across a low price somewhere.
4) Before and After the Surgery: Consult with the doctor about what you need to know and do as a part of the pre-surgery procedures as well as what you need to do after the surgery as a part of the post-surgery care.
5) The ‘Price’ To Pay: You should factor in the after-effects of the surgery such as the certain complications including swelling, numbness of bleeding. Although this method is quite safe and relatively painless, it does come with temporary and mild side effects.
These are some basic points of information you need to consider before you go for an FUE hair transplant surgery.What to Expect After Getting an FUE Hair Transplant
The number of individuals opting for hair transplants has grown significantly. One of the primary reasons for this is the increase in the number of people facing hair loss. While the reasons for hair loss may vary, the number of people are opting for hair transplant options has invariably increased. There are various procedures available however the FUE hair transplant is one of the most common procedures that is carried out. How you take care of your hair post the FUE hair transplant procedure plays a major role in the efficacy of your hair transplant results .
Here are a few things to expect post getting an FUE Hair transplant
First Couple of days post-surgery:
On the day of the procedure, the area of the graft may look bruised. The area will eventually heal over a period of 2-3 days. Pain is quite uncommon and low doses of pain killer may be taken if required. Head elevation is required on the first night. Alcohol and smoking must be avoided as a preventive measure during the first-week post-surgery. From Day 1, the patient needs to wash their hair with shower and a special shampoo as prescribed by the doctor. The redness or soreness of the area begins to subside now. For most patients, the first hair wash occurs in the clinic itself. It needs to be done very gently.
Bruises or scabs may occur as a sign of good healing. Mild swelling can be expected on the forehead and around the eyes. This will eventually subside by the 4th-day post-surgery. Any kinds of steroids that the patient may be taking will have to be put on hold initially for a few days. Patient must take care to know cause irritation in the area by wearing unfavorable material on the head. No itching or scratching, the sun must be avoided as much as possible.
By this time, most people heal from the procedure. Very few people show scabs from the procedure by the 5th day. The grafts are also secured and won’t move or dislodge anymore. At this stage, it is not uncommon to feel itchy or have some mild burning like sensation. However, care must be taken to not be aggressive about this itching. Shampooing in the graft area can begin. General hair care routine can be carried out now. The patient can begin physical activities or other sports activities by now.
By week 2-4
By the 2-4th week, the patients can go about their life as normal. The scalp looks more or less completely natural. At this stage some lesions or pimples may occur, these are known as folliculitis. If there are a number of lesions, the doctor will help you out with those. There are chances of some shedding of transplanted hair, however, that’s not an area of concern. Sun must still be avoided at this point as well.
Since the scalp has gone through such procedures, general hair thinning may be observed, however, this is temporary. For most patients, hair will start to grow thicker after this phase. Since this is the very initial hair growth phase post procedure, hair may be a bit thinner in the beginning. Medicines may be prescribed to prevent shock loss.
Thick hair would have started growing by now and attaining its natural length and thickness. Styling at this point could be great since the hair will begin to appear as any normal hair patch would.
By months 12-18, the hair transplant results will be fully visible. The hair would have reached a length and thickness of the natural hair and with the styling, it will not look out of place at all.Conclusion
The FUE hair transplant procedure is quite commonplace and hugely prevalent today. The best thing about this procedure is that there are minimal or no massive side effects that are known to date. Hence, you can now easily get that hair recovered without breaking a sweat!